2021 Annual Meeting of the Billerica Access Television, Inc. Membership,
however, elections for the BATV Board of Directors will still occur.
At this time, the BATV Election Committee welcomes nominations for the one
Board of Director position to be elected by the membership. If you or someone you
know has the desire to fill the three-year term, please take notice.
As per BATV’s By-Laws, the Board of Directors shall have general power to
control and manage the affairs and property of the Corporation, and shall have
full power, by majority vote, to adopt rules and regulations governing the action of the
Board of Directors and shall have full authority with respect to the distribution and
payment of monies received by the Corporation from time to time . . .
Furthermore, and among other tasks, board members shall (as per BATV, Inc.
Policy Statement of Responsibilities for Individual Board Members):
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings.
- Serve BATV as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically when asked.
- Maintain confidentiality of the board’s executive sessions & speak for the board of BATV only when authorized to do so.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Acknowledge that the board governs while the staff manages.
- Avoid becoming involved in day-to-day management decisions.
- Acknowledge there are no privileges for serving on the board, only responsibilities.
How do I nominate an individual?
1. All nominations shall be made in writing and submitted electronically to the
BATV Election Committee. Please email your nomination to
firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “Nomination” on the subject line.
2. As per the BATV By-Laws Article IV, Section 6, “As a rule, no individual under
the age of eighteen (18) shall serve as a member of the Board of Directors as per
Massachusetts General Law Chapter 231, Section 85O.”
3. Independent nominations may be made by any member in good standing.
4. Your nominee need not be a BATV member, but must live in, or be affiliated with
an organization, school or business that serves Billerica.
5. Your nomination must include nominee’s bio (not to exceed 300 words) to be
posted publicly. Bios will be posted as presented (please proof your submittal).
6. The BATV Election Committee must receive your nomination and nominee’s bio
before 5:00 p.m., February 1, 2021. Nominations without bios will not be
If you would like more information regarding board member responsibilities, please
contact BATV Executive Director Sam Schauerman at email@example.com.