BATV’s Annual Meeting of the Membership is scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2015. The event will be held at the Courtyard by Marriott, 270 Concord Road in Billerica, MA. Hors D’oeuvres and cash bar begin at 6:30 pm; the business meeting commences at 7 pm with dinner to follow. We are pleased to announce that Alysha Palumbo, General Assignment Reporter and Fill-In Anchor at NECN will be our Keynote Speaker for the event. Additional information will be released as the date nears; stay tuned.
The Annual Meeting of the Billerica Access Television, Inc. Membership will be held on Thursday, March 19, 2015. The BATV Membership will have an opportunity to cast its votes and fill three elected Board of Director positions. If you or someone you know has the desire to fill one of the three, three-year terms, please take notice.
As a Board Member, you and fourteen other members shall have general power to control and manage the affairs and property of the Corporation, and shall have full power, by majority vote, to adopt rules and regulations governing the action of the Board of Directors and shall have full authority with respect to the distribution and payment of monies received by the Corporation from time to time . . .
As a Board Member, you will also, among other things, (as per BATV, Inc. Policy Statement of Responsibilities for Individual Board Members)
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings.
- Serve BATV as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically when asked.
- Maintain confidentiality of the board’s executive sessions & speak for the board of BATV only when authorized to do so.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Acknowledge that the board governs while the staff manages.
- Avoid becoming involved in day-to-day management decisions.
- Acknowledge there are no privileges for serving on the Board, only responsibilities.
How do I nominate an individual?
1. All nominations shall be made in writing and submitted electronically to the
BATV Nominating Committee. Please email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “Nomination” on the subject line.
2. As per the BATV By-Laws Article IV, Section 6, “As a rule, no individual under the age of eighteen (18) shall serve as a member of the Board of Directors as per Massachusetts General Law Chapter 231, Section 85O.”
3. Independent nominations may be made by any member in good standing.
4. Your nominee need not be a BATV member, but must live or work in Billerica or represent a membership organization that serves Billerica.
5. Your nomination must include nominee’s bio (not to exceed 300 words) to be included in an election booklet and posted on BATV’s website. Profile information / bios will be printed as presented (please proof your submittal).
6. The BATV Nominating Committee must receive your nomination and nominee’s bio before 5:00 p.m., February 2, 2015. Nominations without profile information / bio will not be accepted.
As per BATV’s By-Laws, there shall be no nominations made from the floor during the Annual Meeting of the BATV Membership.
If you would like more information regarding Board Member responsibilities, please contact BATV Executive Director Sam Schauerman at 978-663-2284.
Spread some holiday cheer to the residents of Billerica by participating in BATV's Holiday Greetings! Your holiday message will be included in a collection of community greetings to be cablecast to the Billerica community throughout the entire holiday season. The greetings are always well received and it's a great means to wish holiday cheer to the community. The BATV studio will be shooting greetings on Monday, December 1st and Friday, December 5th. Email or call Nancy Albertson at 978-663-2284 to reserve your spot. Can't make it to the studio on the scheduled dates? No problem! Contact BATV to make alternative arrangements. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks to all the wonderful volunteers that made BATV Is Haunted a great success this year!
Monday, October 27, 2014, 5 - 7:30 pm
Haunted Studio, Wicked Witch, Mad Scientist, Photo Booth & More
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN ARE INVITED
All parents must be accompanied by a child!
Many surrounding businesses will be participating.
Thanks again to all of the wonderful volunteers that contributed to the live cablecast of the parade this year!