BATV’s Annual Meeting of the Membership is scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2015. The event will be held at the Courtyard by Marriott, 270 Concord Road in Billerica, MA. Hors D’oeuvres and cash bar begin at 6:30 pm; the business meeting commences at 7 pm with dinner to follow. We are pleased to announce that Alysha Palumbo, General Assignment Reporter and Fill-In Anchor at NECN will be our Keynote Speaker for the event. Additional information will be released as the date nears; stay tuned.
The Annual Meeting of the Billerica Access Television, Inc. Membership will be held on Thursday, March 19, 2015. The BATV Membership will have an opportunity to cast its votes and fill three elected Board of Director positions. If you or someone you know has the desire to fill one of the three, three-year terms, please take notice.
As a Board Member, you and fourteen other members shall have general power to control and manage the affairs and property of the Corporation, and shall have full power, by majority vote, to adopt rules and regulations governing the action of the Board of Directors and shall have full authority with respect to the distribution and payment of monies received by the Corporation from time to time . . .
As a Board Member, you will also, among other things, (as per BATV, Inc. Policy Statement of Responsibilities for Individual Board Members)
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings.
- Serve BATV as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically when asked.
- Maintain confidentiality of the board’s executive sessions & speak for the board of BATV only when authorized to do so.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Acknowledge that the board governs while the staff manages.
- Avoid becoming involved in day-to-day management decisions.
- Acknowledge there are no privileges for serving on the Board, only responsibilities.
How do I nominate an individual?
1. All nominations shall be made in writing and submitted electronically to the BATV Nominating Committee. Please email your nomination to email@example.com. Please enter “Nomination” on the subject line.
2. As per the BATV By-Laws Article IV, Section 6, “As a rule, no individual under the age of eighteen (18) shall serve as a member of the Board of Directors as per Massachusetts General Law Chapter 231, Section 85O.”
3. Independent nominations may be made by any member in good standing.
4. Your nominee need not be a BATV member, but must live or work in Billerica or represent a membership organization that serves Billerica.
5. Your nomination must include nominee’s bio (not to exceed 300 words) to be included in an election booklet and posted on BATV’s website. Profile information / bios will be printed as presented (please proof your submittal).
6. The BATV Nominating Committee must receive your nomination and nominee’s bio before 5:00 p.m., February 2, 2015. Nominations without profile information / bio will not be accepted.
As per BATV’s By-Laws, there shall be no nominations made from the floor during the Annual Meeting of the BATV Membership.
If you would like more information regarding Board Member responsibilities, please contact BATV Executive Director Sam Schauerman at 978-663-2284.
"To encourage and enable open extensive communication through BATV while promoting diversity and responsibility."
Incorporated in 1987, Billerica Access Television, Inc. (BATV) is Billerica’s designated private non-profit, non-commercial public, educational, and governmental access television corporation. (more)
Closures And Limited Hours:
September 15th - CLOSED
October 8th - CLOSED
November 12th - CLOSED
November 22nd - CLOSED