As a Board Member, you and fourteen other members shall have general power to control and manage the affairs and property of the Corporation, and shall have full power, by majority vote, to adopt rules and regulations governing the action of the Board of Directors and shall have full authority with respect to the distribution and payment of monies received by the Corporation from time to time...
As a Board Member, you will also, among other things, (as per BATV, Inc. Policy Statement of Responsibilities for Individual Board Members)
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings.
- Serve BATV as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically when asked.
- Maintain confidentiality of the board’s executive sessions & speak for the board of BATV only when authorized to do so.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Acknowledge that the board governs while the staff manages.
- Avoid becoming involved in day-to-day management decisions.
- Acknowledge there are no privileges for serving on the Board, only responsibilities.
How do I nominate an individual?
- All nominations shall be made in writing and submitted electronically to the BATV Election Committee. Please email your nomination to “email@example.com”. Please enter “Nomination” on the subject line.
- As per the BATV By-Laws Article IV, Section 6, “As a rule, no individual under the age of eighteen (18) shall serve as a member of the Board of Directors as per Massachusetts General Law Chapter 231, Section 85O.”
- Independent nominations may be made by any member in good standing.
- Your nominee need not be a BATV member, but must live or work in Billerica or represent a membership organization that serves Billerica.
- Your nomination must include nominee’s bio (not to exceed 300 words) to be posted on BATV’s website. Profile information / bios will be printed as presented (please proof your submittal).
- The BATV Election Committee must receive your nomination and nominee’s bio before 5:00 p.m., February 1, 2016. Nominations without profile information / bio will not be accepted.
If you would like more information regarding Board Member responsibilities, please contact BATV Executive Director Sam Schauerman at 978-663-2284.