Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the BATV Board of Directors has postponed the 2022 Annual Meeting of the Billerica Access Television, Inc. Membership. However, elections for the BATV Board of Directors will still occur.
At this time, the BATV Election Committee welcomes nominations for one Board of Director position to be elected by the membership. If you or someone you know has the desire to fill the three-year term, please take notice.
As per BATV’s By-Laws, the Board of Directors shall have general power to control and manage the affairs and property of the Corporation, and shall have full power, by majority vote, to adopt rules and regulations governing the action of the Board of Directors and shall have full authority with respect to the distribution and payment of monies received by the Corporation from time to time . . .
Furthermore, and among other tasks, board members shall (as per BATV, Inc. Policy Statement of Responsibilities for Individual Board Members):
1. All nominations shall be made in writing and submitted electronically to the BATV Election Committee. Please email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “Nomination” on the subject line.
2. As per the BATV By-Laws Article IV, Section 6, “As a rule, no individual under the age of eighteen (18) shall serve as a member of the Board of Directors as per Massachusetts General Law Chapter 231, Section 85O.”
3. Independent nominations may be made by any member in good standing.
4. Your nominee need not be a BATV member, but must live in, or be affiliated with an organization, school, or business that serves Billerica.
5. Your nomination must include the nominee’s bio (not to exceed 300 words) to be posted publicly. Bios will be posted as presented (please proof your submittal).
6. The BATV Election Committee must receive your nomination and nominee’s bio before 5:00 p.m., January 31, 2022. Nominations without bios will not be accepted.
If you would like more information regarding board member responsibilities, please contact BATV Executive Director Nancy Albertson at email@example.com.
"To encourage and enable open extensive communication through BATV while promoting diversity and responsibility."
Incorporated in 1987, Billerica Access Television, Inc. (BATV) is Billerica’s designated private non-profit, non-commercial public, educational, and governmental access television corporation...
Closures And Limited Hours
June 19 - CLOSED
July 4 - CLOSED
July 24-28 - CLOSED
September 4 - CLOSED